Police officers are getting out of control

Discuss anything and everything relevant about Police Officers, Police Brutality or other Police Misconduct.

Police officers are getting out of control

Postby WaTcHeR » 13 Jan 2008, Sun 5:36 pm

I have said it again and again, the police officers are getting out of control. They keep proving that every word I have said is true.

A couple weeks ago, I viewed a news broadcast where a 15-year-old girl was walking home after curfew, which the law states was wrong on her part. We are living in a democracy. I believe that we are free to come and go as we please. But what was really disturbing was to see an officer abuse his position with this teenage girl.

He said she resisted arrest and would not hold still to be handcuffed, which he and the police department say gave him the right to use force on this girl who looked to weigh no more than 105 to 115 pounds. They have also said that it gives him the right to punch her in the face.

I say, get real. Any police officer who cannot control a small-frame, 15-year-old girl without using force should not have that position. How would he be able to subdue a 200- to 300-pound male?

But, this is not solely this officer’s fault. This blame should also fall on Sheriff Ken Mascara and Chief Sean Baldwin. These men should also be held accountable for such actions of their officers. I believe that every man recruited and hired by any law enforcement agency should undergo psychological and stress counseling.

How and why does the black community sit so passively and watch these types of actions continue in our community to our black kids? Is that what makes the law officers come into our communities and think they are “god,” because we have allowed them to think we don’t care about our children or even ourselves?

When will we realize that until we do something for ourselves, God will not help us?

Look, this officer disrespected a 15-year-old girl. Next it may be a 70-year-old mother or grandmother. It is time they understand we have civil rights as well as human rights.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/jan/13/ ... ary-force/
"Cops that lie, need to die!" A police officer that lies to get an arrest or send someone to prison should be shot.

"In the U.S., a cop with a gun can commit the most heinous crime and be given the benefit of the doubt."

"The U.S. Government does not have rights, it has privileges delegated to it by the people."
WaTcHeR

Return to Police and Other Law Enforcement Topics