PoliceCrimes.com Terms and Agreements
In order to use, view, or in any way utilize my web site you must read and agree with the terms and conditions set forth on this page in their entirety. If you are unable or unwilling to agree with or understand any of the terms and conditions set forth on this page you are hereby FORBIDDEN and NOT-AUTHORIZED to use any of these resources. If you are in any way dissatisfied with the agreement below your exclusive and ONLY remedy shall be to discontinue use of My Web site. If any portion or part of this agreement is found to be in any way unenforceable, actionable or not legal, or should there be a conflict of law with regard to any aspect of it, the item in question will be the sole item deemed severable from the document as a whole and you agree to abide by and be held liable to the rest of the document in its entirety.
*QUICK SUMMATION* All persons, organizations, and entities having anything to do with the construction or maintenance of this site disclaim any and all liability of any kind whatsoever which might arise from your use of, your failure to use, or ability to use, this site and the information contained herein for any reason whatsoever. This includes civil, criminal, consequential, incidental, direct, indirect, direct, or special damages. We take no responsibility whatsoever for any resource of any kind which is linked to this site. As a user of this website, you agree to indemnify and permanently hold harmless any person or entity associated with this web page from any and all litigation, liability, and claims of damage of any kind whatsoever. Elaboration: Nothing below is intended or implied to limit our above stated declination of liability. Items below are intended to expound our position on our total severance of liability, expressed or implied, and to relieve ourselves of any potential cause of action which might be generated from the use or non use of this internet resource. Neither the owner of PoliceCrimes.com nor its contributors shall be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information described and/or contained herein and assumes no responsibility for anyone’s use of the information. In no event shall the owner of PoliceCrimes.com or its contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages.
*INDEMNIFICATION* User agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless, PoliceCrimes.com and its contributors, any entity jointly created by them, their respective affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the on-line service by user or user’s account.
*DISCLAIMER of ENDORSEMENT* This is a private person’s website and represents, news stories, history, personal opinion, idea, conjecture and/or rambling. Nothing is in any way meant to state any official opinion or advice on any issues whatsoever. PoliceCrimes.com will report news stories, history, idea, conjecture and personal opinion.
It is not the intent of PoliceCrimes.com to misrepresent any information, and corrections to published text is welcomed. Any corrections that need to be brought to my attention, should be posted on the “message board,” which you may access on the “home page” of PoliceCrimes.com.”
This site is in no way meant to “annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person. All stories on PoliceCrimes.com are real stories of police officers being arrested or charged with a crime.
All persons mentioned on PoliceCrimes.com, its web pages, and links, are presumed “innocent” until proven guilty in a court of law.
If PoliceCrimes.com has a news story of an officer being charged or arrested with a crime and the out come is the officer is found NOT GUILTY or has had their record expunged, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will run a story about the out come of the incident with the original story. Under no circumstances will a story be DELETED for any reason.
*DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY* The materials comprising the PoliceCrimes.com news service (the “Website”) are provided by PoliceCrimes.com as a service to its readers on an “as-is, as-available” basis for informational purposes only. PoliceCrimes.com assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions in these materials. PoliceCrimes.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. Further, PoliceCrimes.com cannot edit, control, review for truth or accuracy on news stories, or screen for defamation or obscenity any content provided to the Website by a third party through postings, uploaded files, or any other form of communication, nor can the PoliceCrimes.com ensure prompt removal of defamatory, obscene, inappropriate or unlawful content after transmission. Any such third party postings, files or other communications do not necessarily represent the opinions, beliefs, or positions of the PoliceCrimes.com, its owner, employees or sponsors.
PoliceCrimes.com makes no, and expressly disclaims any, warranties, express or implied, regarding the correctness, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and reliability of the text, graphics, links to other sites and any other items accessed from or via this Website or the Internet, or that the services will be uninterrupted, error-free or free of viruses or other harmful components. It’s not always possible for PoliceCrimes.com to do “follow ups on all news stories that are posted. If you have a follow up story you may contact us at Contact@policecrimes.com and we will post the story. Under no circumstances shall PoliceCrimes.com, its owner, or any of their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, associates or representatives be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential damages for lost revenues, lost profits, or otherwise, arising from or in connection with this Website, the materials contained herein, or the Internet generally.
No member of the Team, or any other entity or person in any way associated with the web site, the host or other person or entity shall be liable for any damage or injury incurred by any person arising out of the completeness, accuracy or utility of any information, usage, or opinion contained in or associated with these materials. Nothing on this web site is to be construed as endorsement, suggestion of use, guideline, favoring, recommendation, or standard of any kind. No member of The Website Team, its members, its agents, or persons associated with this website in any way, including site providers, assistants, administrators, artists, authors, writers, builders, or implementers, or any member of the team individually or as a group, shall be liable in the event of incidental or consequential damages arising from the use of information supplied herein or from any other cause of action which might arise from website use, including but in no way limited to: the use of information which it contains, correctness or validity of the contained information, the use of any software which it contains or points to, or from any other associated or non associated occurrence in any way related to this web site.
* DISCLAIMER for HYPERTEXT LINKS * Neither the owner of PoliceCrimes.com nor its contributors is responsible for the contents of any off-site pages referenced. The user specifically acknowledges that neither the owner of PoliceCrimes.com nor its contributors is liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user. Links from PoliceCrimes.com on the World Wide Web to other sites do not constitute an endorsement from the owner of PoliceCrimes.com. These links are provided as an information service only. It is the responsibility to the web surfer to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.
* VERACITY OF INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN* Anything found on this site is considered to be news stories, history, idea, conjecture and personal opinion. None of the information contained herein is considered the last or final word on anything to do with any topic what so ever. Seek professional opinion and counseling from qualified individuals before attempting any action herein described, adopting any of these opinions as your own, or taking any other action whatsoever. All statements made on this web site are to be considered opinion only and not necessarily informed opinion. All opinions expressed on this web site are generally to the best of our knowledge, however, all options should be discussed with persons who have professional training with the subjects covered herein.
* ALL POSSIBLE DISCLAIMERS APPLY! *RIGHT TO DELETE AND REMOVE* The Web site Team retains the right to edit or remove any or all information from any user or past or present member of the team, player administrator, submitter, or entity and information that they wish to without any notice of any kind before or after the event.
* REUSE OF YOUR COMMUNICATION* You are hereby advised that any information, communication, suggestions, corrections, our forum, email, or any other material of any kind which you send to this web site or persons listed on it or linked to it, is on a non-confidential basis. You further agree that any communication, information of any kind whatsoever is given to us with your intention being that we may republish, re-post, or re-send this information with or without attribution for any purpose whatsoever including reproduction, storage, broadcasting, re-mailing, or any other form of reproduction. You further agree that you grant us a full and royalty free, perpetual, nonexclusive, international, interplanetary and unrestricted license to use your communication in any way which we see fit to do so for any purpose what so ever in perpetuity.
* ACCESS MONITORING* We don’t care who you are when you visit the website, except for one exception any “government agencies.” Anyone that is being paid by taxpayers and is surfing the web while on the job, will have their information publicly posted. All other visitors we never have and never will post or disclose your information to anyone, period!
* CONTENT CHANGE NOTIFICATION* Information on this server may change suddenly and without notice. We will in no way be held liable for the accuracy of past or present or future information and no damages which arise from any form of injury sustained by any party, be it private, institutional, educational, government, or business, or any other person or entity will be accepted.
Some stories are reprinted by PoliceCrimes.com without permission, solely for purposes of criticism, comment, and news reporting, in accordance with the Fair Use Guidelines of copyright material under 107 of U.S.C. Title 17:
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phono records or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include
(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;
(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.
Updated – 07.15.2014